XS Brokers is a leading MGA (wholesale agency) serving all of New England. We write all lines of insurance and pride ourselves on our professionalism and service. Since 1978, our goal is to provide the highest level of service and underwriting expertise to our clients in the insurance industry. As we invest in talent, we are looking to recruit, train, and retain a select few. Our goal is to continue to develop a culture where the best people want to work and our growth over the past several years can be directly attributed to a talented and dedicated staff, an amazing list of clients, and a strong partnering of insurance carriers. Our hope is that during your summer internship you will begin to develop an understanding of an independent insurance wholesaler and how we creatively provide customized comprehensive solutions with our agency partners on hard-to-place insurance risks. You will become familiar with insurance-related products and services and a consultative business approach including but not limited to; direct instruction, individual research, training, focused projects, and practical application. You will also be exposed to On-line Insurance Learning, Department Meetings, potential Off-Site Education and In-House Education to name a few.
Sales Interns will develop a thorough understanding on the insurance sales process, insurance related products and services and the consultative business approach through direct instruction, research, training, focused projects, and practical application.
Responsibilities/ Interns will:
- Have a structured, goal-oriented environment to provide a positive and rewarding learning experience.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the sales process.
- Conduct market and industry research; identifying centers of influence; lead research and generation; outreach strategy; networking overall sales strategy; client visits; general education;
- Acquire a basic knowledge of risk management services and consultation.
- Develop a basic and clear understanding of MGA/ Wholesale & Carrier relationships.
- Dedicated time focusing on sales/research activities specific to specific departments.
- Complete up to two hands-on learning projects.
- Complete a minimum of 1 presentation.
- Attend networking events to gain a basic understanding of the importance of networking and how to do it successfully.
- Attend client visits, including risk management assessments and understand the client visit;
- Attend carrier training to gain an understanding of insurance products and services as it relates to the carrier and carrier/agency relationship.
- Develop an understanding of the role of the AE/UW in the insurance process.
- Learn how to leverage marketing to increase visibility and sales opportunities.
- Preferably a college junior or above, studying business, entrepreneurship, sales, marketing or related field.
- Must have a strong interest in sales as a career.
- Must be self-motivated; competitive; entrepreneurial; resilient and business-minded.
- Must be coachable; ethical; service oriented; a team player and relationship builder.
- Course work in creating a sales/business plan preferred.
- Course work requiring presentation skills preferred.
- 8 Weeks
- 6 hours per day/ 30 hours per week
- Work hours: 8:30-3:00
- $18 per hour
Please send resume to Mike McKinley, Chief Sales Officer at [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you.